If you are bored with your default file manager and looking for a good file manager app for your Android device with advanced features and functionalities, then turn to MiXplorer. With the fascinating interface and exceptional features builds in, MiXplorer becomes a must have file manager app for your Android smartphones. The app is absolutely free, has no adds and supports Android level 5 (Eclair) to 27 (Oreo).
Here I will explain the unique features that the file manager is offering. Hope you will like it.
Features of MiXplorer 6.29.18
- A mix of Storage Explorers: MiXplorer is as its name suggests allows to add storage from various cloud storage like Amazon, Mega.nz, Mail.ru, Dropbox, Box, Yandex, HiDrive, Baidu, Mediafire, Kuaipan, Kanbox, IDrive, Hubic, 4Sync, Google Drive, Meo, OneDrive, pCloud, SugarSync, and VDisk.
- Customizable, colorful background: You can customize the look of its interface through navigating over setting > Skin (Default and other color options you could choose from).
Different View Modes: You can customize and sort each folder on different view modes to choose from. They are enlisted as Narrow, Columned, Detailed, Wrapped, Grid and Gallery; my personal favorite is detailed.
- Bookmark: It has a customizable Bookmarks drawer systematically categorizing files as Internal Storage, External Storage, Root, and Custom. On clicking the Bookmark arrow at the top right of the interface, it opens up a recent drawer giving a view to all your recent activities.
- The custom section of the Bookmarks, gives an easy access to all important files such as Audio, APK, Image, Archive, Document, etc., making navigation through various pieces of files easy. Along with the easy accessibility, bookmarks and the preferences are also easier to import or export within this file manager.
- Advanced Search Feature: It comes with an advanced search feature, you can filter out your query or file easily from your phone’s storage through a magnified lens symbol at the lower right of the Interface.
- Built-in-features: The file explorer comes with an exceptional feature to open any file. It may be an audio, video, image, APK, archive or any document. HTML viewer supports MHT, Markdown, AXml, CHM, and MAFF. E-Book reader supports PDF and Epub. Image Viewer supports GIF animation and large images.
- Code editor, Text Editor, and SQLite editor.
- Hex Viewer and Font Viewer
- The plus sign at the lower center of the interface allows adding a folder, empty file, dot file, and database.
- Another very cool and exciting feature about the explorer is that it allows the user to arrange the files on your storage according to size: smaller or bigger, date (older or newer). Ascending and descending order, you can choose among the various options that fit you.
- Encrypt/Decrypt: The leftmost option lets you select the whole screen following up Encrypt, Decrypt, Pin Hide, copy to, and move to operations. File encryption and decryption are achieved using Aescrypt file format.
- Security: For a secure experience, you can lock the explorer.
- Cool Add-Ons: Navigating through setting options, there are add-ons which let you download and install Codecs, Metadata, PDF, Samba2.0/2/1, Tag editor which supports MP3, MP4, MOV, 3G2, 3GP, m4V, WMV, WAV and more.
- It supports RAR and ZIP files, thus overcoming the need to install a separate extract app to open these file formats.
- Multi-Tasking: You can manage many tasks like copying and moving at one time, by assigning them to tasks which is capable of carrying out multiple operations at a time.
- Root access: You can allow root access for all advance operations.
* User and System app management with data backup ability for rooted devices.
* EncFS volumes supported for all storages.
* FTP/HTTP Server built-in + TCP server to receive files from other devices using MiX (Send-to option).
Download MiXplorer APK for Android
You can download the APK file of MiXplorer 6.29.18 from the link given below:
How to install MiXplorer APK on your phone
Below are the steps to install the MiXplorer APK for Android using a file manager in Android phones. Note them carefully!
- Download the APK file in your PC or laptop. We would prefer calling the file as MiXplorer 6.29.18 APK over here for now. If you download it directly on your phone, it will be in the folder named ‘downloads’ in your internal storage.
- Now, download the ES File Manager from the Play Store on your phone. It’s totally up to you as you may use any other file manager as well.
- Next, in your phone, go to Settings option, then go to the Applications, enable the “Unknown sources” box. Tap ‘OK” to the warning that pops up on your screen. OR For Android 4.0+ users: Go to Settings option, then select Security. Now, scroll down and enable the“Unknown sources” box. Tap ‘OK” to the warning that pops up on the screen.
- Now, you need to connect your phone to your computer or laptop and transfer the MiXplorer 6.29.18 APK file anywhere either to your SD card or to your phone memory.
- Now, disconnect it from the PC and then navigate through the app to your directory where you have transferred the APK.
- Tap on the MiXplorer 6.29.18 APK file. You will see a properties popup.
- Now, tap on the Install button. Select Package installer. You shall now move to the Android installation interface where you would come across the permissions required for the app. Tap on the ‘Install’ button again in order to begin the installation.
That’s it! You have successfully installed the new MiXplorer 6.29.18 app on your phone! Now you should find it on the app drawer of your phone.